SPECIFIC USE OF PHRAGMITES AUSTRALIS FOR RADIATION MONITORING
D. Ganzha, Ch. Ganzha, A. Nazarov, B. Sploshnoi
Received: 16 MAR2015,
Received revised: 15 MAY 2015,
Accepted: 22 MAY 2015,
Published online: 18 OCT 2016
Full Text (PDF)
We compared the methods of sampling and analysis of radionuclide concentrations in samples of common reed in the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone. Selection and analysis of samples were generated using two methods. The first one is consistent with the current regulations, which allow selection and analysis of the whole plant of common reed and calculations of radionuclide concentrations in relation to the wet sample's weight. The second method, adopted in applied ecology, directs the selection of individual plant organs and the calculation of radionuclide concentrations in relation to the weight of the dry sample. It has been established experimentally that when applying the second observation method, the statistical uncertainty of measurement is 2.5 times smaller, which makes this method more suitable for radiological control and monitoring.
- D. D. Ganzha, "A choice of supervisions network criterion for monitoring of Ivano-Frankivsk urban ecosystem" Newsletter Precarpathian national University named after Vasyl Stefanyk. Herald. Biology. Ivano-Frankivsk, part XV, pp. 125–129, 2011.
- Ch. Ganzha a, D. Gudkov, D. Ganzha, at all. "Physicochemical forms of 90Sr and 137Cs in components of Glyboke Lake ecosystem in the Chornobyl exclusion zone", Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, vol. 127, pp. 176–181, 2014.
- Y. V. Homutinin, V. A. Kashparov and E. I. Zhebrovskaya, "Optimization of sampling and measuring samples at radioecological monitoring", Monograph. К., UkrNIISChR, P. 160, 2001.
- G. G. Polikarpov, V. N. Egorov, S. B. Gulin at al. "Radioecological response of the Black Sea to the Chornobyl accident". Sevastopol, ECOSEA Hydrophysics, 2008.
- Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to the expression of uncertainty in: measurement First edition JCGM 100:2008. JCGM/WG 1, 2008.
- B. А. Dospehov Methods of field experience. M.: Kolos, 736 p., 1965.
- Feed. Methods for determination of ammonia nitrogen and active acidity (pH): GOST 26180–84. – [Date of introduction 07/01/85]. – Moscow: State Committee on Standards 1985. – 8 p.
- The handbook for sampling objects of the environment department field studies VC REM and RDK "Ecocenter" (7Е –12/03-016-2012). Approved by the General Director of SSE "Chornobyl spektskombinat. "Chornobyl, 2012.
- Ch. Ganzha, D. Ganzha, A. Nazarov "Changing the morphological and physiological parameters of common reed leaves under the influence of chronic radiation exposure", Radiation, ecology and the technosphere. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference (Gomel, 26–27 September. 2013), Institute of Radiobiology, National Academy of Sciences; ed. сol.: A. D. Naumov [et al.]. Minsk, The Institute of Radiology, 2013, pp. 32–33. Gomel, 2013.
- Davydchuk V.S, Zarudna R.F., Myheli S.V., et. al.,. Landscapes of Chornobyl zone and their estimation on the radionuclides migration conditions. Edited by A.M. Marinich. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka. – 112 p., 1994.
- Ganzha Ch. D., Ganzha D. D., Nazarov A. B., Gudkov D. І. Intake of radionuclides in the ecosystem of the Glyboke Lake with land drainage and atmospheric precipitations / IV International Scientific Conference "Physical methods in ecology, biology and medicine", September 15-18, Lviv-Shack. – P. 82-83, 2011.