Microwave, Laser, RF
and UV radiations
EVALUATION OF SMF EXPOSURE FIELD LEVELS AND GRADIENTS OBTAINABLE USING THE 2D MAGNETIC ARRAYS
Andjelija Ž. Ilić, Saša Ćirković, Jasna L. Ristić-Djurović
Received: 16 MAR 2015,
Accepted: 8 MAY 2015,
Published online: 18 OCT 2016
Full Text (PDF)
Two-dimensional magnetic arrays have been proven useful as exposure setups for biomedical experiments with static magnetic fields. Different static magnetic field levels as well as vertical field gradients can be attained from these exposure setups by means of varying the geometrical parameters of an array and the type of magnetic material employed. Evaluation of obtainable field and gradient values has been conducted by varying one by one parameter. Several relevant parameters were chosen to represent the effects of input parameter changes on the magnetic flux density above the array. Calculations were conducted using the exact analytical expression.
- N. Taniguchi, S. Kanai, M. Kawamoto, H. Endo and H. Higashino, "Study on application of static magnetic field for adjuvant arthritis rats", Evid. Based Complem. Altern. Med., vol. 1, pp. 187-191, July 2004.
- S. Xu, H. Okano, N. Tomita and Y. Ikada, "Recovery effects of a 180 mT static magnetic field on bone mineral density of osteoporotic lumbar vertebrae in ovariectomized rats", Evid. Based Complem. Altern. Med., vol. 2011, Article ID 620984, 8 pages, 2011.
- H. N. Mayrovitz and E. E. Groseclose, "Effects of a static magnetic field of either polarity on skin microcircula-tion", Microvasc. Res., vol. 69, pp. 24-27, January 2005.
- A. Ž. Ilić et al., "Analytical description of two-dimensional magnetic arrays suitable for biomedical applications", IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol. 49, pp. 5656-5663, December 2013.
- J. László et al., "Optimization of static magnetic field parameters improves analgesic effect in mice", Bioelectromagnetics, vol. 28, pp. 615-627, December 2007.
- T. R. Ní Mhíocháin and J. M. D. Coey, "Permanent magnets", in Physical Methods, Instruments and Mea-surements, vol. III, Y. M. Tsipenyuk, Ed. Oxford, U.K.: Eolss Publishers, 2009 [Online]: http://www.eolss.net., Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems, under the auspices of the UNESCO.
- I. R. Harris and A. J. Williams, "Magnetic materials", in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. II, R. D. Rawlings, Ed. Oxford, U.K.: Eolss Publishers, 2009 [Online]. Available: http://www.eolss.net., Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems, under the auspices of the UNESCO.
- W. T. Benecki, "The permanent magnet market – 2015", Proc. Magnetics 2013 Conf., Orlando, FL, USA, 2013.