THE PADME TRACKING SYSTEM
G. Georgiev, V. Kozhuharov, L. Tsankov
Received: 1 MAR 2016,
Received revised: 28 APR 2016,
Accepted: 7 MAY 2016,
Published online: 26 DEC 2016
Full Text (PDF)
The Positron Annihilation into Dark Matter Experiment (PADME) at LNF-INFN Linac aims to perform a search for dark photons in positron-on-target annihilation process. A key component of the setup is the tracking system which allows vetoing the bremsstrahlung-induced background. Different solutions for the detector will be shown and will be discussed. Attention will be paid to the possibility to construct a hybrid tracker based on plastic scintillator fibers read out by CCD matrices.
- M. Raggi and V. Kozhuharov, “Results and perspectives in dark photon physics,” Riv. Nuovo Cim., vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 449-505, 2015.
- M. Raggi and V. Kozhuharov, “Proposal to Search for a Dark Photon in Positron on Target Collisions at DAΦNE Linac,” Adv. High Energy Phys., 2014.
- M. Raggi, V. Kozhuharov, P. Valente et al., “The PADME experiment Technical Proposal”.
- G. Mazzitelli et al., “Commissioning of the DAΦNE beam test facility,” Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A, vol. 515, pp. 524-542, 2003.
- B. Buomomo, L. Foggetta and P. Valente, “Beam optimization of the DAΦNE beam test facility,” in Proc. of IPAC 2015, Richmond, USA, pp. 901-903, 2015.
- P. Valente, B. Buonomo and L. Foggetta, “Possible upgrades of the DAΦNE Beam-Test Facility (BTF),” INFN-14-06/LNF report, 2014.
- G. Georgiev, V. Kozhuharov, and L. Tsankov, “Design and performance of a low intensity LED driver for detector study purposes”, in Proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on Radiat. and Applic., Niš, Serbia, 2016, pp. 90-94.
- F. Salvat, J. M. Fernandez-Varea, and J. Sempau, “PENELOPE-2008: A Code System for Monte Carlo Simulation of Electron and Photon Transport” in Workshop Proceedings, 30. June – 3. July, 2008, Barcelona, Spain, OECD Data Bank, 2009, ISBN: 978-92-64-99066-1
- Hamamatsu H9500 specifications, TPMH1309E02, 2015