PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF A HOME-MADE TLD READER; PRELIMINARY RESULTS
M. Malek Mohammadi, S. M. Hosseini Pooya, B. Firoozi, A. Nabipour Chakoli
Received: 28 FEB 2016,
Received revised: 27 MARCH 2016,
Accepted: 1 APR 2016
Published online: 26 DEC 2016
Full Text (PDF)
A model of the 7200 hot gas automatic TLD card reader has been designed and manufactured in Iran. This study assesses some performance characteristics of the reader including the linearity of response, stability of readouts during a period of time as well as the reproducibility of TLD readouts. Furthermore, the coefficient of variations (COV) of the parameters has been studied and compared with those of standard criteria.
The obtained results show that the TLD reader can be used efficiently in dosimetry laboratories.
- Assessment of occupational exposure to external sources of radiation, IAEA Safety Guide, International Atomic Energy Agency, RS-G-1.3, 1999.
Retrived from: http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/Pub1076_web.pdf
Retrived on: Mar 15, 2016
- J. G. Alves, R. Montezuma, O. Margo, L. Santos, “Study on quality control parameters of a TLD system for individual monitoring,” Radiat. Prot. Dosim. vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 21-25, 2004.
- K. J. Velbeck, L.Z. Luo, K. L. Streetz, “Type testing the model 6600 plus automatic TLD reader,” Radiat. Prot. Dosim., vol. 120, no. 1-4, pp. 303-306, 2006.
- M. Weinstein, Y. Shemesh, A. Abraham, U. German, “Use of statistical checks as maintenance tools for TLD readers,” Radiat. Prot. Dosim., vol. 125, no. 1-4, pp. 109-112, 2007.
- L. Z. Luo, K. J. Velbeck, J. E. Rotunda, “Experience of type testing Harshaw advanced TLD system to new IEC-61066 standard,” Radiat. Meas., vol. 43, pp. 594 – 598, 2008.
- C. Rizk, F. Vanhavere, “A study on the uncertainty for the routine dosimetry service at the Lebanese Atomic Energy Commission using Harshaw 8814 dosemeters,” Radiat. Prot. Dosim., vol. 170, no. 1-4, pp. 168-172, 2016.
- Conformity assessment—general requirements for bodies operating certification of persons, ISO/IEC 17024, 2012.
- Radiation protection instrumentation—passive integrating dosimetry systems for personal and environmental monitoring of photon and beta radiation, IEC 62387, 2012.
- J. Brunzendorf, R. Behrens, “How to type test the coefficient of variation of an indication”, Radiat. Prot. Dosim., 123, pp. 21–31, 2007.
- Standard Practice for Application of Thermoluminescence-Dosimetry (TLD) Systems for Determining Absorbed Dose in Radiation-Hardness Testing of Electronic Devices References, ASTM E668-10, 2000.
- M. Weinstein, Y. Shemesh, A. Abraham, U. German, “Use of statistical checks as maintenance tools for TLD readers”, Radiat. Prot. Dosim., 125 (1-4), pp. 109-112, 2007.