MODELING AND PSPICE SIMULATION OF RADIATION STRESS INFLUENCE
ON THRESHOLD VOLTAGE SHIFTS IN P-CHANNEL POWER VDMOS TRANSISTORS
Miloš Marjanović, Danijel Danković, Vojkan Davidović, Aneta Prijić, Ninoslav Stojadinović, Zoran Prijić, Nebojša Janković
Received: 20 FEB 2015, Received revised: 12 MAY 2015, Accepted: 14 MAY 2015, Published Online: 28 APR 2016
Full Text (PDF)
In this paper the results of modeling and simulation of radiation stress effects in p-channel power VDMOSFET transistor have been presented. Based on measured results, the threshold voltage shifts as a function of absorbed dose and gate voltage during radiation stress have been modeled and implemented in the PSPICE model of the IRF9520 transistor. The transfer characteristics of the transistor are simulated and compared to the experimental ones. Difference is in the range 0.16% to 23.35% which represents a good agreement.
- Y. Deng, T. Ytterdal, T. Fjeldly and M. Shut, “SPICE Modeling of Double Diffused Vertical Power MOSFETs Exposed to Gamma Radiation,” Semicond. Dev. Res. Symp., Washington DC, USA, 2003, pp. 138-139.
- T.R. Oldham and F.B. McLean, “Total Ionizing Dose Effects in MOS Oxides and Devices,” IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 483-499, June 2003.
- S. Djoric–Veljkovic, I. Manic, V. Davidovic, D. Dankovic, S. Golubovic and N. Stojadinovic, “The Comparison of Gamma-Irradiation and Electrical Stress Influences on Oxide and Interface Defects in Power VDMOSFETs,” Nucl. Techn. & Rad. Prot., vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 406-414, 2013.
- G.S. Ristic, “Influence of Ionizing Radiation and Hot Carrier Injection on Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Transistors,” (topical review), J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., vol. 41, no.2, p. 023001, 2008.
- I. Manic, Z. Pavlovic, Z. Prijic, V. Davidovic and N. Stojadinovic, “Analytical Modelling of Electrical Characteristics in γ-Irradiated Power VDMOS Transistors,” Microel. J., vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 485-490, May 2001.
- M.S. Andjelkovic, “A Review of Dosimetric Properties of RADFETs,” IEEESTEC – 7th Stud. Proj. Conf., Nis, Ser-bia, 2014, pp. 57-64.
- A. Ilic, Z. Prijic, A. Prijic, V. Davidovic, D. Dankovic and N. Stojadinovic, “Mobilna eksperimentalna postavka za odredjivanje napona praga VDMOS tranzistora snage (Mobile Experimental Setting for Determination of Threshold Voltage of VDMOS Power Transistors),” Zbornik Konferencije za ETRAN, Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia, June 2-5, 2014, vol.58, pp. MO1.2.1-4.
- IRF9520, Spice netlist. Retrieved from: www.vishay.com/docs/90308/sihf9520.lib
- “IRF9520,” Datasheet, Fairchild Semicond. Corp., Rev. B, 2002. Retrieved from: http://www.uib.es/depart/dfs/GTE/education/industrial/tec_analogiques/IRF9520.pdf.
- A. Ortiz-Conde, F.J. Garcia Sanchez, J.J. Liou, A. Cerdeira, M. Estrada and Y. Yue, “A Review of Recent MOSFET Threshold Voltage Extraction Methods,” Microelec. Reliab., vol. 42, no. 4-5, pp. 583-596, Apr.-May 2002.
- A. Holmes-Siedle and L. Adams, “RADFET: A Review of the Use of Metal-Oxide-Silicon Devices as Integrating Dosimeters,” Int. J. Rad. App. Inst. Pt. C. Rad. Phys. Chem., vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 235-244, 1986.
- A. Jaksic, Y. Kimoto, V. Ogourtsov, V. Polischuk, A. Mohammadzadeh and A. Mathewson, “The Effect of Different Biasing Configurations on RADFET Response Measured by an Automated Read-Out System,” Proc. 7th Eur. Conf. Rad. Eff. Compon Sys., Noordwijk, Netherlands, Sept. 15-19, 2003, pp. 489-492.